One of the biggest mistakes herb lovers make is using their fingers to grind the flowers. Trichomes from the plant get attached to the skin and shred off easily reducing the overall purity and potency of the substance. That’s why you need the help of an herb grinder to perfect your hits.
Being your one-stop-shop for all your vaping needs, Flawless Vaporizers also stocks various grinders that will take your weed game to the next level.
What is a Herb Grinder?
The herb grinder is a compact device that crushes your spices or herbs into tiny pieces. The grinder pulverises the weed buds into smaller particles for easier loading and vaping. Just like vaporizers, grinders also come in various designs. The simplest of them has two halves, which, when joined together, shred the substance inside.
More advanced options have more compartments, each having a different function. These are ideal for more advanced connoisseurs.
How to Use Grinders
When you think about it, a lot of engineering goes into designing grinders to ensure they get the right results with the least effort. However, they are quite simple to use.
- When using a grinder, you start by removing the top half of the lid of the grinder. You can load up your flowers, spices, or dry herbs between the teeth inside the grinding bowl once the lid is off. You can use your fingers to break up the bigger buds. Avoid placing the herb at the centre or the edges of the grinding bowl.
- Replace the lid of the grinder.
- Turn the lid clockwise or anti-clockwise several times or until the grind is of the right consistency.
Types of Grinders
Choosing a grinder is often a daunting task, especially if it's your first time. The range of grinders is constantly growing and features tens of different options. Grinder types are divided depending on various aspects like size and material.
This is the most basic type of grinder and the most common because it's easy to use and portable. Manual grinders feature two parts that have teeth. All you have to do when using a manual grinder is load up your herbs and turn the pieces several times.
Over time, manual grinder users need to upgrade, and the electric grinders are a perfect choice. Electric grinders are more advanced and convenient. Some electric varieties also come with a high voltage battery. Considering that they are small and pocket-sized, you can take the grinder with you at all times.
Types of Grinders by Material
Wood grinders are relatively common. But compared to other materials, these aren’t very desirable. They don’t shred very well and only feature two pieces. However, they are sturdy and long-lasting.
These are made from acrylic, which is not only affordable but also strong making these the most popular type of grinder. Acrylic grinders come in multiple-piece designs with varying functionalities.
Metal grinders are the most efficient. They have razor-sharp teeth that make shredding effortless and effective, and they come in various colours and multiple-piece designs.
Types in terms of compartments
- 4-piece grinders – 4-Piece grinders are the most effective types of grinders. They shred and then filter the pollen-based on the size, allowing you to choose the best shreds for your experience.
- 3-piece grinders – These also filter pollen but don’t capture the kief.
- 2-Piece grinders – When portability is a priority, 2-piece grinders are the best option. They only have two compartments, which cuts down on the size, but they don't filter or capture the kief.
Benefits of Grinders
A grinder is not just another accessory that you buy, and it starts collecting dust. It can greatly influence the quality of your vaping session, among other benefits.
It is harder to extract flavour from bigger chunks of herbs. Finely shredded herbs absorb heat more evenly and easily release the flavour and aroma, leading to better flavour and overall experience.
Vapers place a lot of value on cloud production. The bigger the clouds, the better the experience. Ground herbs can significantly boost vapour production because of the greater surface area upon which the heat acts. And it’s not just the clouds that bigger but also the taste and the hit.
Crushing herbs using your fingers leaves most of the vital component – the trichomes on your fingers. Using a grinder can solve this and ensure you use every ounce of herb you have.
If you have more vapour and more flavour, the potency will also increase. Ground herbs have a larger surface area for the heat to act on, so more active ingredients are released.
Doctor Herb£2.99| /£2.99| /Sold out