Straight Tube Bongs
Straight bongs are known for their simplicity and reliability. They are fairly straightforward and most only feature a design from one straight tube of blown glass. We stock straight tube bongs of various sizes with varying features, including percolators, ice catchers, or diffuse downstems.
What is a Straight Tube Bong?
As the name suggests, a straight tube bong features one straight tube where the smoke travels straight up the tube into the mouthpiece and into your lungs. The straight tube has a bowl on one side and a carburettor on the other that helps to create suction. This bong design is best known for its minimal drag and effort, making it ideal for smokers that like taking massive drags.
Although straight bongs are simple, they are easily customisable. You can add percolators or ice catchers to maximise the effectiveness of the bong.
Straight Tube Bong Features
Straight tube bong designs have a simple design with several features. Most of these features are also found in other types of bongs.
- Bowl attachments – The bowl attachment holds your dry herbs. At Flawless Vaporizer, we carry various types of bowl attachments that can go with this and other bong designs include those made of quartz or borosilicate glass.
- Slides – The slide is a small piece of glass that connects the downstem to the joint of the bong. Going for a bong with a two-piece downstem makes cleaning, accessorising and smoking easier.
- Diffused downstem – This is a critical part of all bongs and the straight tube bong as well. It attaches to the glass bowl inside the slide. It carries the smoke through the water to facilitate filtration and diffusion. We also have straight tube bongs that don’t have a diffused downstem. The difference between the two is that diffused downstems have slits at the bottom.
- Mouthpiece – This is an essential part of all bongs. It's the place where you take your rips from.
In addition to these features, you can also pair your straight tube bong with several additions that would take the bong to the next level. These include:
- Ice catches – Most of the larger bongs in our collection come with ice catches. These are exciting additions that make smoking the bong an excellent experience.
- Ash catchers – Despite their crucial role, most bongs don’t include ash catchers unless you’re buying a premium design. Ash catchers ease the process of cleaning the bong while adding a bit of cooling and filtration to smoke before it enters the main chamber.
- Percolators – These are glass attachments incorporated into the design of the bong, or you can purchase them as bong accessories. They help to filter and cool the smoke even more by running it through multiple sections of water.
How Does a Straight Tube Bong Work?
Most bongs work the same way despite the varying designs and accessories. For straight tube bongs, you start by filling the bong with water followed by packing the bowl with the dry, ground herb.
Once the bowl is packed, you can light the bowl and inhale to fill the bong with smoke. You can then pull the bowl to take a hit.
At Flawless Vaporizer, we do more than provide you with quality straight tube bongs. We understand that some smokers value their personality. That is why we go out of our way to ensure we provide you with many unique designs and finishes, so you can find a bong that not only delivers an incredible smoking experience but also appeals to your personality and style.
In addition to straight bongs, we also stock various other bongs, including beaker bongs, percolator bongs, glass bongs and so many more.
Benefits of Straight Tube Bongs
On the surface, straight tube bongs appear simple. But they pack tonnes of benefits that most smokers will find irresistible.
Improved smoke filtration
On its own, this design has reduced smoke filtration because it has a low water holding capacity. But it makes up for this by offering more opportunities for enhancing smoke filtration, like stacking various percolators and other devices through the canal. This transforms the simple device into a fancy and effective smoke filter.
Perfect for all levels of users
It’s hard to say that one type of bong is perfect for all types of users. But the straight tube bong is. On its own, it’ makes an ideal bong for starters who are looking for something simple but effective and allows for massive draws.
With the additional features, the bong becomes a sophisticated piece of equipment that delivers the best smoke filtration and cooling that only experts are accustomed to.